Are they still learning? Yes, ma'am!
Some things we've done so far:
- Reading lots of Christmas books. I added a few more to our collection.
- Making ornaments. Some are for us, others are for gifts. Some were from craft kits, and others were made with supplies we had. This is low-key but fun. Fine motor skills!
- Made gingerbread houses (a kit, thankyouverymuch)
- Learning and singing Christmas songs
- Making cards
- Driving around and enjoying lights
- Children's Museum Jolly Days
- Watching Christmas movies
- Doing our advent calendar
- Preparing for our church Christmas program (I will have a shepherd and an angel and they will be singing! CAN'T WAIT SO CUTE)
- Bought gifts for impoverished children overseas
Unfortunately, we have been sick on and off for awhile and so we haven't been able to do as many things as I'd like. We missed a field trip at Garfield Park that would have been fun. I'd like to go to Christmas at the Zoo, but we'll just have to see. Also would like to go to the Indiana State museum for their Christmas things and get a membership.
But overall? This is a fun time of year. Next week is birthday week. I will have a 4yo and a 6yo. My word. Time is speeding up.
J is reading well, and reads to himself daily. I read aloud daily. He is into making comic books lately, so there's lots of writing and drawing going on. Oh, and I grabbed some "model magic" and also some air-dry clay and they've been creating stuff.
I am glad we can be together and savor this time of year!
Once January hits, I think we'll try to get back to the 3Rs more formally, especially math. kbye